Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tragedy Struck. Days 6-13

Day 6 (9 Feb) was supposed to be a long bike ride, but I had gotten word that my father was very ill in the hospital and not doing so well.  I had to fly to Denver, CO to say good bye to my father.  
Day 7 (10 Feb) was the day my father passed away.  Also the day my husband was coming back from Qatar because we already knew that my father wasn't going to make it through complications he had with a recent surgery.  It was very unexpected and a very difficult time for my family.

Day 8 (11 Feb) Spend the day with my mother and sister planning my father's funeral.

Day 9 (12 Feb) thought maybe I could go for a run finally, I was just spending the day with my mother getting some of the arrangements done.  Checked the weather channel.....-15F windchill, rather than running decided to spend the day with my mother!  My husband and daughter showed up late that night.

Day 10 (13 Feb) worked on funeral arrangements with my sister and brother in law and then came back to my mom's and spent time with the family.  

Day 11 (14 Feb) it was finally warm enough to go for a run.  I was so excited!  Did a quick 6 mile run. Don't know how long it took me but I did it and it was wonderful, spent the rest of the day organizing the remaining events for the funeral.

Day 12 (15 Feb) Day of the funeral.  Enough said.

Day 13 (16 Feb) heading back to St. Louis today.  It has been a very difficult time to get any exercise done.  It was been nothing but eating and crying and spending time with family.  I'm pretty happy that I at least did one 6 mile run, even though nothing else happened the whole time.  It just wasn't the time to focus on anything except for my family!  

I'll be back soon and training can start all over again from the beginning, and dieting too....that will have to start over as well.  I actually ordered advocare 10 day cleanse, so I'm pretty excited to start that. Not so excited to get on the scale tomorrow when I get back but I am ready for the challenges that are ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment