Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Starting the Journey Day 1

This is my journey of training for a Half Ironman in Kansas on the 8th of June.  A half ironman consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and lastly 13.1 mile run totally 70.3 miles.  I decided to do this when I took up triathlons a couple of years ago following an injury from running.  So 3 February is the 18 weeks (125 days) out for the the start of this event.  I have decided to blog about it to hold myself accountable and also so that I can track my progress.  Technically today is supposed to be day 2, however day one training did not turn out so well.  I was on the road traveling from Nebraska to Illinois, not exactly conducive to swimming, biking or running.  Today things are different I am home and ready and start what I have decided to accomplish.  It will not be easy and I know that my dedication is going to have to be at 100% all the time.  My life is going to revolve around diet and exercise.  Currently my husband is deployed and we have a 7 year old daughter, and I myself work a full time job.  Challenging?  YES!  However, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!  I will post about my workouts, my diet, my current weight, and lastly the struggles along with way, and I'm anticipating a lot of struggles!  So here it is in all of its glory.

Weight 161.6 lbs
Weight Lifting: back/tris
Swim: 1000 meters
Run: 5 miles 42:38
Diet: SPOT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment